Zimbabwe portfolio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Zimbabwe portfolio   Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:11 am

So then, I am either consuming or have consumed a big tasty meal, but this is not important.

I was thinking about developing a portfolio, of all our achievement of what we love etc... (give ideas)

Getting this out there and getting people to move to ZIM end of season 12 as they simply cannot resist.

We are the best, we just need to get it out there, people love our teams, our clubrooms so it might just need a little something like this show how we go that extra mile.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
sean pwns
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:43 am

I really like it, its also very good because we do need to get noticed and we have a point to prove, we can show others our success at NT level and our comitment for the NT. But also to prove to people that if they move they wont be plying BOTs all league season, so we are actually competitive there (maybe the newcomer always winning the cup could be an incentive Smile ) furthermore our strenght in community can be shown in the clubroom, the SZC & activness
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:40 am

Defnitely!

Shall I just set it out as a kinda report?

History of ZIM BR (league and cup)
National teams
Community
Super ZIM
Competitions for managers to win prizes

Anymore?

Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Maybe, regular chances to run for elected positions? Lol

Seriously that looks great Mattt. Need to make sure we show that there is a lot of people getting involved in ZIM and that we don't really have the cliques that other countries seem to have!!
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:45 am

Ok so we have been given the go ahead to create one of these and post it in the global clubroom on BR!

I was wondering if ayone would like to do a section as that would get our point across really well. I am up for doing all the bits nobody wants to. It would really go down well with a number of us writing stuff imo
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:49 am

muzza wrote:
Need to make sure we show that there is a lot of people getting involved in ZIM and that we don't really have the cliques that other countries seem to have!!

Don't we?? Well we don't want to get left behind so we better start some cliques up as soon as possible. Sad

As for the idea Mattt, anything that helps showcase BR Zimbabwe is great in my eyes. The format you have there is spot on, as it should be easy to read and relevant information for new users. Maybe mention the National awards that will start up this season? They do give all managers a chance to win a trophy, whether they are newbies or oldbies.

To sum up a big +1 from me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sean pwns
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:51 am

Also can we have a kinda 'lottery' thing where people enter and one gets a free move to Zim, I could pay for this.
Opinions?
If this seems a bit cheesy or stupid just say
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:46 am

That sounds good Sean, but don't feel the pressure to spend money, make sure, you are sure Smile

So I will crack on with this tomorrow. Does anyone want to do certain sections?
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:43 am

Welcome to the Zimbabwe Blackout Rugby portfolio.

This is designed to tell the world how great we are and diminish the sterotypical view of one of the smaller countries, that quite literally show size does not matter.

We will try not to bore you and blab on, but firstly a big thanks to a host of Zimbabwe managers who have got behind this portfolio and got behind a lot of our ongoings over the last couple of seasons since opening our BR doors.

History of BR ZIM
Obviously ZIM is one of the yougnest nations on BR, it currently has 48 active managers. The premiership has not left the hands of Muffin Chuckers since the first season and the cup, up until this season always went to a new arrival. This season the new arrival lost in the final.
Zimbabwe have been represented at a BR World Cup after qualifying last season and look set to play a role in this seasons under 20 World Cup.
One thing Zimbabwe has been renound for is the manager elections for both national teams, I think in our very short history we have had nearly as many as the older nations, atleast double that of the other newer nations. We have one right now !!

National Teams
So national teams are usually a good way of measuring a communties drive and ambition. Well ZIM have two trophies sitting in their cabinet, not many can claim that! After a tremendous performance at the World Cup last season the ZIM seniors won the shield and added an unbeaten league season in tier 3 gaining promotion, where we are sitting pretty dare I say and breathing right down the neck of Namibia, WC quarter finalists.
The under 20's have beaten Japan this season convincingly and have a strong team going into the WC. This will be their first WC so excitment is massive at the moment as we look to match the seniors triumphant performance.
The ZIM national teams are renound for competitions and hard work of a host of managers and they all deserve a huge shout out too for that continuing commitment to the cause.
The under 20's have a training competition which offers free premium courtesy of Markharrison, the NT run training schemes and a NT scheme that looks to bring over the very best talent over to ZIM in order to strengthen our NT in the future, this has taken off on a bigger scale anyone could ever have imagined.

Community

Along with the NT competitions ZIM have a very vibrant community. We have an active and well designed offsite http://zimbr.nstars.org/. We have a number of contributors to all the banter and very enthusiastic managers. Take for instance the community challenge this season between S.Africa and the rest of Africa plus Pacific Islands, Zimbabwe have the biggest number of sign ups and we are certainly not the biggest!

We have our National Awards. We hand out trophies, yes real BR trophies that go in your clubs cabinet for most improved manager, manager of season, hardest worker etc.... after a nomination process and vote process which has all the community involved!

To just round things off about our great community, our national cubroom is one of the more active by far, all managers get recognition and our journalists work around the clock week in week out and have done for a while. Thanks to the great Work Muzza and his assistants have put in.

ZIM competitions

The bot flush has seen a fantastic improvment over in ZIM. The premiership and division 2 leagues are full of banter and rivalries, both old and new. The cup competition really gets people going, we have a lot of upsets and as I touched upon earlier the newer clubs seem to take it by storm! We also have the super ZIM cup which is a Thursday competition which really is a prestigious event in ZIM, and after this season it looks like all the top 10, plus 14 others will be participating next season in a competition that offers all teams, both old, new, young and old a chance to fight it out for a variety of trophies.

We work hard, but we play harder! Zimbabwe just wants to show the rest of BR that it is an up and coming nation and a great place to be. It is tough to grow our manager base, but this is not an advertising campaign, we are just making the effort to show how fantastic the place is as we feel we don't really get the chance to show our desire and ambition as a community to make ZIM bigger, better and even more successful. We hope, by doing this, people will want to enjoy their BR days getting involved with the ZIM BR scene, even if you cannot get a ticket and join us in our leagues

Cheers,
BR Zimbabwe
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:42 am

What more can I say??

This is a brilliant read. I am sure that anyone reading this will at least make the effort to check out our clubroom and offsite. So what now? Is this just for the offsite or are we allowed to put this into a sticky in the clubrooms?
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:13 am

Gald you like it !

We've have been given the go ahead to put it in the global clubroom on BR.

What should we have as a title?
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 am

Not sure really, I suppose it is a potted history of BR Zimbabwe - poor title though.

Maybe we could call it one of the following :-

BR Zimbabwe the Facts
BR Zimbabwe
Why all the toilet roll?
What to do in Zimbabwe
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabwe portfolio   Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:45 am

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#lounge=15&z=2930