Share | 

Plotting the downfall of Saint Carwyn's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Plotting the downfall of Saint Carwyn's   Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:07 am

Hi guys, as some of you know I know SCL very well, but he is massively better than me. I had a friendly against him yesterday and lost 56-7. I held my own in the forwards but his class came through. He has accepted my rematch request, this time at Dog Shit Park. He is going to play the same team and the same tactics (I was blind last time) - this time he has been kind enough to tell me what he did (& is going to do)

P&G 20
D 24
E 29
C 27

K 25
T 98
U 2

Def Rush
Disc Normal

he is playing a second string forward pack but a mixture of first/seconds in his backs. What should my thought patterns be now I know what he is going to play?

My thoughts - I know he is going to play rush therefore I should play proportionately more creative and expansive. The downside being that his relatively better players are out there. My line out and scrum will be improved (checking out options for Saturday's game yesterday), but not massively. I can draft in a few of my older chaps but the net increase of my team is likely to be only 10-15%, mostly in the back row and centres.

thanks for your help. I know that a few of you will not mind trying to get one over him too Smile

Flint

Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

PostSubject: Re: Plotting the downfall of Saint Carwyn's   Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:04 am

So.. if it were me, i would play to my strengths.. high p&g and High driving ( his rush defence will kill creative play) so go with more expansive than creative and try to get outside the rush.. if your kicker is any good i'd use him to play for position (30%+ kick) but don't use up and unders at all as his backline will counter off them.
good luck.. i have a feeling you'll need it Wink
Back to top Go down
sean pwns
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Plotting the downfall of Saint Carwyn's   Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:49 am

fatman wrote:
So.. if it were me, i would play to my strengths.. high p&g and High driving ( his rush defence will kill creative play)
Rush counters driving play
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: Plotting the downfall of Saint Carwyn's   Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:38 pm

The thing with new changes and creative expansive plays, is the number of intercepts they throw up and unsuccessful plays. I am sure the success of plays comes down to the level of your opponent nowa days, so you may be buggered with that approach.

I'd try and keep it tight and see if you can get an edge at home and with the bounce of the ball/refs whistle.
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Plotting the downfall of Saint Carwyn's   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:42 am

Thanks guys.

I have decided to tinker a little. My pack has improved relatively although he is now trying out his new 110k SH.

I know his defense of rush is in all likelihood going to blitz my driving plays. However relatively this is my best chance of parity. I feel i am forced to adopt a high risk strategy of creative with field position and modicums of the others. I am not going to have many chances to score so therefore I need to make th emost of them when i do get them - and hope for the bounce of the ball etc.... At leats I know he is not going to effective at defending creative over and above his players. I know the risk of interceptions will be up, but it is a price I will have to pay. My line out still remain a reaosnable weapon and so do my scrums - well maybe not weapon, maybe coin toss for possession.

It would nice to think I can hold him to under 30 points with the outside chance of it being a bit closer.

Tactics:
PnG 18
Driving 23
Expansive 15
creative 44

Kicking 31
touch 100

allow drop goals

Drift

normal

will let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down