Official Blackout Rugby Zimbabwe Offsite

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

Share | 

The Ideal Scenario

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
squeaks

PostSubject: The Ideal Scenario   Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Okay so to put Zim on the map this is what I think should happen with regards to training. Please I am not saying that this is how it must be, this is just how I think about it.

Currently (at the time of this post) this is what our userbase looks like.

Summary
Number of clubs: 680 of 53840
Number of regions: 10 of 494
Active managers: 60 of 7182
Managers online: 10 of 354

With active managers the one I am most interested in.

Ideally a player needs to be trained for 6 seasons this is the bare minimum actually, but lets stick with 6 seasons.

So in that 6 season period:

we should each have one guy being trained for the season 14 u20WC currently 18yo and turning 19 in s13
then another guy in our youth academy, that will be promoted (and turn 17) next season (s13)
and then a third guy that will be 20 or older next season after the next u20 world cup his sessions will be dropped or reduced to make way for a new youngster for the u20 wc in 4 seasons.

This is ideal for the the u20's in Zim.. or atleast how I would understand it.
How would we need to change the scenario to keep the most at u20 level but also where it becomes more beneficial for the NT side.

And another thing how many people would be interested in a long term plan like this, at the expense of their team.

With the above scenario, a national manager could have his pick of 60 players at any one time.

Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 pm

for a team in my position (only 5 seasons old) this is very close to the way i do it anyway.. 1x S14 U20 prospect, 1x S16 U20 prospect (from next season) and 9 sessions for the rest of my team. the main problem in the future is costs. Wages for my U20's will become too high for my team and in S15 i will have to sell my S14 U20 WC player to an older team who (i hope) will continue his training for the NT.
So i think if you adjust your figures so say 40 managers train U20's for each WC, then sell to one of the 20 managers who train for the NT (2 each) then we get the steady flow of players through the system.
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:23 pm

This is my team plan exactly Squeaks. Though I may have to train an additional S14 prospect as they are so scarce.

If all managers in the top 2 divisions could manage to carry out this plan we would have 40 prospects at each age group being trained. I say top 2 as the level of facilities needed are lvl3 at a bare minimum and would hope that in Div 2 most teams would reach this level.

There will still be some players being trained overseas, but if we could keep the very best prospects in ZIm, it would strengthen the U20 & NT squads tremendously.

But and it is a big but, this scenario while ideal for Zim is going to hamstring some clubs. So it may be difficult to convince managers to go for this plan.

@fatman

I think that your idea is probably going to be best for some of the newer clubs. However the upside to being in Zim is that finances are a little easier than in other larger countries.
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 pm

That would indeed be the ideal squeaks!

And is also what I am currently doing, hence selling Tata in the other thread. This way we ensure that we remain competitive at each U20 tournament.
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Finnevar eatcs sessions and makes training difficult. Add Tudor to that and it is very tough for me to get anything extra out of my club the the NT's, but I'll try my best and I have already said I will take on a prop and train him very hard in becoming an awesome prop.

Tudor and Finnevar are massively versatile all round excellent players, so it is the best I can do
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:11 am

If you can bring in a S16 prop Mattt, that is exactly on plan.

It is very hard to get this in place as it will take nearly all of us to get involved if we are to see progress. But from the replies here it looks like those that have commented are all on the same page.
Back to top Go down
squeaks

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 am

Well this is just a hypothetical situation, but it sort of spoils your own team so it is difficult to maintain as in certain situations all managers will favour their clubs.
Back to top Go down
Hayafundi

Team Name : Eendracht

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 pm

I think that we should also try and get the people in Division 1 involved since they are the best club teams in Zim they are probably more interested in a player already past the U20 stage (I would imagine).

Therefore I think if we do as you mentioned and gradually start decreasing the training for a player past U20 stage we should try and sell it to a team that will train said player more than we could at our own clubs - whilst still keeping the player in Zimbabwe, of course. Additionally it would also depend on whether your squad can afford the sale of such a player Smile .

In a super ideal world we would have all the clubs in Div 2 & 3 training the young guys and all the folks in Div 1 taking them further for NT's. This will never happen of course since we all strive to reach Div 1. Just saying... that would be the real ideal scenario in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Koodoo Rand Diamond Geezers

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:50 am

I'm working in a similar way apart from my s14 trainee will only be 19 in World cup year. Will have 1 new trainee next season for s16 wc getting a lot of sessions and am looking to keep training Mwachogoa up to international CSR standard. With the DN he should become Zim eligable before he is good enough to get into the Zim squad
Back to top Go down
squeaks

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Hayafundi wrote:
I think that we should also try and get the people in Division 1 involved since they are the best club teams in Zim they are probably more interested in a player already past the U20 stage (I would imagine).

Therefore I think if we do as you mentioned and gradually start decreasing the training for a player past U20 stage we should try and sell it to a team that will train said player more than we could at our own clubs - whilst still keeping the player in Zimbabwe, of course. Additionally it would also depend on whether your squad can afford the sale of such a player Smile .

In a super ideal world we would have all the clubs in Div 2 & 3 training the young guys and all the folks in Div 1 taking them further for NT's. This will never happen of course since we all strive to reach Div 1. Just saying... that would be the real ideal scenario in my opinion.

The problem of having the first dvision training the older guys is, the guys in the first div have lvl4 and lvl 5 facilities, while the guys in lower divs only have lvl 3 to 4 facilities. So during a young players lifetime, he could be missing out on vital lvl5 training. Getting this right is going to be hard work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal Scenario   

Back to top Go down

The Ideal Scenario
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1