Official Blackout Rugby Zimbabwe Offsite
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

Share | 
 

 How you can play your game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mattt
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 919
Points : 1261
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 27
Location : Cardiff, Wales
Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: How you can play your game   Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:03 am

This is from BR Centrum

Safeway

PnG: 40%
Driving: 30%
Expansive: 20%
Creative: 10%

Safeway involves weighting the attacking structures based on their
inherent risk levels. i.e. conducting the safest attacks the most and
the riskiest attacks the least.
This can be adapted to increase the influence of either forwards or
backs whilst keeping the decreasing percentages in order of risk. For
instance, back-influenced safeway may look something like:
PnG: 37%, Driving: 28%, Expansive: 22%, Creative: 13%

Inverse (I-)Safeway

PnG: 10%
Driving: 20%
Expansive: 30%
Creative: 40%

The opposite of the safeway tactic. I-Safeway is weighted heavily
towards the riskiest plays. Such a tactic would increase the variance of
the results - and thus may be useful if you are an extreme underdog.
Once again, forward-influenced I-Safeway may look something like: PnG:
13%, Driving: 22%, Expansive: 28%, Creative: 37%, whilst a
backs-dominated I-Safeway would push expansive+creative to beyond 70%.
[Clarification]: By increasing the variance of the results, it is meant
that (for example), instead of having a 100% chance of losing
your game by 20, you would have a 10% chance of winning by 5, and a 90%
chance of losing by 40+.

Back button

PnG: 15%
Driving: 24%
Expansive: 35%
Creative: 26%

A general back-dominated play that will get your 9-15's involved in most
plays, yet still including a driving component for forwards to keep
possession.

Gas-panic

PnG: 32%
Driving: 21%
Expansive: 15%
Creative: 32%

Gas-panic combines a high percentage of high-risk plays (creative) with a
high percentage of ultra-safe plays (PnG). A play of 32% represents a
10% chance of repeating the same play twice in a row, something which
should probably be kept to a minimum, especially with the creative
plays.

A note on kicking

Think of kicking for touch as a gain of 20-50 metres in return for a
dice-roll between the locks for who will get the ball back. What
percentage of your plays would you like to take this chance?
Obviously you would have to be very confident in your lineout to kick
70% or more of time, as you will not get very far kicking the ball
straight back to the opposition every time you regain it. In saying
that, if your lineout is considerably stronger than your opponents, in
general, the rest of your team will be aswell and this raises the point
that you may be better off with running one expansive play.
A high kicking game is recommended when the relative difference between
your and your opponent's lineout (locks, lifters, etc.) is greater than
the difference between the remaining players (the backs, for instance).
Obviously this is not exactly easy to determine, but the key point is
that kicking (and your other tactics) should be based around the strengths
of your team, the positions where your key players play, and the
weaknesses of your opponent. There is no one size fits all level
for kicking and tactics.
If in doubt, a kick for touch level of
around 30-35% will provide enough in-game feedback and insight for you
to determine if this level as appropriate for your lineout and opponent.
Back to top Go down
duncandisorderly
New Member
New Member


Posts : 3
Points : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: How you can play your game   Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:44 pm

i got sent this, guess its the second part Laughing

http://brcentrum.99k.org/tactics2.html
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 919
Points : 1261
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 27
Location : Cardiff, Wales
Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: How you can play your game   Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:55 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:
i got sent this, guess its the second part Laughing

http://brcentrum.99k.org/tactics2.html

Awesome stuff. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How you can play your game   

Back to top Go down
 
How you can play your game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Who were or are "The Greatest Back Three" ever to play the game...?
» Charles Woodson ties NFL record: 'I'm one of the greatest to ever play this game'
» Why Do We Love Rugby
» Anthony Rainbow's Farewell Game
» Terrel Bramwell dunking at ROPSSAA All Star game

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZimBr Official Offsite :: Helpful Links & Articles-
Jump to: