Has it all gone to plan ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Has it all gone to plan ?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:29 am

So last couple of weeks now before play off time. How has the season gone for you guys? Better or worse than expected?

I am looking set for a qualifier and with a squad of youngsters with the odd decent player probably relegation. Pretty much what I expected when I decided to take this route. Having fun with it though and have a good YA, probably second best in the country now behind Fatman's lads and have still managed to make a friendly comp final which was more than I expected. Plus I have level 5's coming and some real stars of the future. Pretty happy even if I do end up getting relegated
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 am

Hi Mattt

at this stage in the season I am a little behind where i wanted to be but with a slightly better squad - so about even I suppose.

Mainly I am not relegated which was the main thing. I am about to expand my stadium to be pulling in $135k/game for the start of next which will bolster my attempts to avoid relegation next season too. My L4s are open and will be almost fully stocked (just missing kicker) come S15W1.

I am happy because this year I wanted to beat someone I shouldn't and have racked up Westwood x2, Bloody x2 and Nondies x1. It was fun scaring Mark too, but the victory will have to wait until next year Smile
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:43 am

Well, it's probably safe to day that at the moment the season has pretty much gone to plan, although with a bit of luck the next few weeks could change that view
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Koodoo Rand Diamond Geezers

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:12 am

So far my season has gone about as well as could be expected in terms of results having ended up with Dan-y-Graig and Flopman in my league I am looking good for 3rd spot, had a good cup run and won a trophy in my Monday friendly comp. The only disappointment was not making it past the group stage in the Super Zim cup

My players have improved more this season than I expected and am looking good for a real quality side in a couple of seasons. Smile

@Mattt I think my Juniors might have a shot at beating yours Wink
Back to top Go down
richardskd

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Yep I'd say the season is going to plan. I have won a friendly trophy with the possibility of a second this coming Monday. My NZ U20 fullback is starting to get more playing time, got a couple of good YA training and I will be playing finals this season. afro
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Safe Hands wrote:

@Mattt I think my Juniors might have a shot at beating yours Wink

I have to pretend that they are really good as everything else is so poor! It'd be a good game
Back to top Go down
Flopman

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 pm

so far so good, replaced oldies by young guns, my team is superbly young. Won the cup, won the thursday friendly cup. . . have a nice load of 17yo on the bench . . .my YA is still fucked up and can't pull a decent dude I think (not sure i'll invest now that they make changes again . . .).

Just need promotion now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:12 am

Quote :

Im hoping to place 5th as i see 4th is totally off limits really, 2 very easily beatable teams and a bot vs 4 teams well ahead so my main objective is to win my winable games and roll over in the rest so i can have a nice run in the cup(of coarse will need luck)
Im also going to try and improve my team as best i can and close the gap on the teams ahead of me which will be hard as all i can do is train as over two weeks i make a profit of 30k(have a stadium expansion finishing xmas eve which hopefully provide more revenue
this is copy and pasted from the irish offsite. got 4th easily secured down with 2 games to go. didnt have a great run in the cup tho Sad.
my team has come on leaps and bounds this year if you ask me Very Happy . and i now make a profit of 100k over two weeks with a small squad(tho that will go down as my ya goes up)

great season for me
Back to top Go down
Droos

Team Name : South African Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 pm

BRILLIANT season for me thus far!

After relegating from Div.1 last season (where I didn't belong), I am now sure to end top of my Div.II tier where I have the Rising Rebels and Shiny Squirrels as main opposition, and it has been tough to say the least! I am set for what should be an easy enough semi final and the a final against one of the two teams mentioned above, but hoping that HGA will see me through! Of course winning will see me promote to Div.1 again where I will get thrashed, although I am excited at the prospect for the sake of development!

I made the semi of my Super Zim cup tier losing narrowly to Mark's team and had a solid enough Cup run until I was drawn against MBax's team where I again lost very narrowly!

I made 60 rating points for the first time ever and thing are looking well for me atm with 2x S.16 U20 prospects in my team!

I am very proud of my achievements thus far this season, even if I don't end up winning my league!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has it all gone to plan ?   

Back to top Go down

Has it all gone to plan ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1