Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

PostSubject: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Fri May 04, 2012 6:36 pm

The Zim IGT clubs cup:
iv decided to set up a monday comp for zim managers only, iv two ideas i was thinking of the 1st is my favourite but if the 2nd one gets enough support ill happily run that instead.
1. is a straight wc style cup 32 teams first 8 rank managers get top seed and so on till the league is filled then the top 2 in the leagues go into the cup draw which has a trophy for 1,2 and 3 and the bottum two go into the shield draw where only the winner gets a cup.

my 2nd idea is first stolen from nz by the irish:
it isnt exactly a monday comp as you can challenge a person in this in league cup or other friendly comp as long as they are also part of the comp
Rules

1) Only zim Teams can hold the Crown

2) The Holder must defend his/her title once a week, via either League, Friendly - Thursday/Monday , or Cup.

3) If the Holder is unable to defend his/her crown due to other commitments - the title is open and the next on the list to play via a friendly will by default become the Holder.

3)The Challenger must announce their intention to play for the title in the game, via a post in this clubrooms thread or offsite but must be comfirmed by both teams.

4) There is no intensity restrictions - you want the crown badly, then a TNT against a Holder playing WNWIM could secure almost any team the title.

5) If a challenger cannot be found, then the Holder retains the title.

6) If there is a legitimate reason why the Holder cannot defend his/her crown via a friendly they may suggest to the team/s they are playing in the league/cup to make the game a zim igt clash! The Holder must however play the 1st placed team at some stage the following week via a friendly (if they don't meet in the league or cup that week) If they can't fulfill this fixture, they should let us know so we can transfer the trophy to the next in line.

7) When teams sign up they go on the challenge list, Number 1 on the list has the next shot at the crown via a friendly Monday/Thursday. When they use this they go back to the bottom of the list.

Cool If a team further down the list meets the Holder in any game before they are 1st Challenger, they can play for the Crown, however, they move back to bottom of the list.

9) The Holder will have a Trophy in his/her Cabinet, once they lose, the trophy is removed and given to the new Holder

10) Last but not least, places on the table can be played for via a Leap Frog system - if you are rank 22 on the challenge list and someone above you (rank 11) agrees to play a ranking game, should you win, you will take their place at 11 and they move down to 12 - What is the incentive for the higher placed team? at the end of every seaosn a special trophy is presented to the team who won the most games in the zim igt, also a special bravery medal is presented to the team who has played the most games in the cup (cannot be the same as the team who won the most)

Just to add to the above, you cannot play the same team over and over again to try to achieve these awards - if the awards committee feel that stats are being bumped by teams playing each other multiple times - 50% of those games won't count

Finally there is another trophy available, this is another floating trophy (The Endurance Cup) - It kicks in after a team has defended their crown successfully 5 times, if somebody overtakes your winning total they take this Cup from you

Please remember to post in this thread what games are to be taken into account for this cup before they happen, and also the result after game, this enables us to maintain an up to date listing.
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 pm

I like the idea of the second proposal. The more fluid nature of it appeals, although we may have to wrestle it off the bot-like clutches some of the more powerful chaps.

I have to admit i generally try and lose my Monday fixtures to keep my rating down (Tier IV of the SZC whoop!) but another peice of silverware to aspire to would be a feather in Zim's cap. I have no rankles about stealing the idea from elsewhere.

The other benefit would be to make the Zim Monday, friendies (which tend to be pretty in house anyway) more relevant and more conversational.
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Fri May 04, 2012 11:50 pm

yes the second one is nice but the problem in ireland with it that it died away the 2nd season. Now if that happens then i could always change it the wc style one then. ya iv noticed that not many teams are in a monday comp so i can see a lot of games taking place then.

i help run this comp in ireland and i had a big it died away because it was the same teams on top the whole time, i had an idea at the time to have two tiers and if you were top of tier two for so long you mover up for the worst performing one in tier 1
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sat May 05, 2012 12:14 am

We did have a tournament similar to the second one in ZIM a few years ago, and like the Irish one, it quickly burnt and died. In fact I think the trophy is still 'resting' in Sean's trophy cabinet, but could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 am

I think a 'no intensity limit' version of the highly successful thursday comp would be the way to go.. that way teams not competing for cup/league honours could pull a few shocks.
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Koodoo Rand Diamond Geezers

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sat May 05, 2012 8:52 am

If going for a Monday Comp I'd prefer something that runs for almost the whole season long for all entered teams and something that allows all teams to stand a chance at winning something come the end of the season.

I'd suggest a league format (number and size of groups would depend on amount of interest) followed by a couple of knockout matches to decide the trophies. The knockout matches would serve to group teams of simlar ability based on final league positions.

If it runs for most of the season it would help improve via IGT players of the teams that don't normally play Monday friendlies and hopefully improve the standard of all our teams' and U20s prospects in the process.
Back to top Go down
westwood

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sat May 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Second ideea is good , but there will not be a lot of teams participating in this Smile i would really like to see 1 huge championship that last more than 1 season with as many teams as possible and an the end of every season the teams placed 1st and 2nd receive a trophy . This would not be very fair to some managers with lower teams but if it wouldn't have a intensity restriction then everything could happen , some lower teams might sacrifice some energy to defeat a better team and there will be all sort of surprise results.

25 would be a perfect number of teams for this , the championship would last exactely 3 seasons (if there are played 1 home and 1 away game ) and it would be very competitive in my opinion
Back to top Go down
richardskd

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 pm

What would be great and I think would encourage abit more participation from the Zim managers would be a 'Ranfurly Shield' type game introduced into Zimbabwe.

The idea is to have a 'shield' that the holder puts up for defense against only Zimbabwe teams and only when playing at home. This would be across the board in terms of Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday games. The great thing about the real 'Ranfurly shield' in New Zealand is that every game is sudden death and the shield can end up in the hands of a team not playing in the highest divison.
I can guarantee that it wouldn't take long for the shield to move round the Zimbabwe divisons which would be a great thing for those playing BOTs week in week out. I would love to see a team like White Walkers as the holder and Div1 have to play say Gilgil RFC from Div3 due to meeting in the Wednesday Cup. Rankings would suggest easy win for Flopman but that wouldn't be as straight forward as a league game due to energy. tactics, chosen team etc.

Just an idea but I reckon it could create abit of excitement in otherwise meaningless games that get played anyway through the various comps we enter in.

For those not familiar with the 'Ranfurly Shield' check out the below link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranfurly_Shield

Back to top Go down
Mbax
Admin
Admin

Team Name : The Golden Company

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sat May 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Both ideas sound great but i think the best way to ensure they're succesful is to simply not allow the big teams to join. Hear me out before you sharpen your knives cyclops . With regards to the second idea, it sounds really awesome but it would inevitably see the trophy floating around the big teams. i dont think i'd be too overconfident to think the top 10 teams could comfortably deal with a TNT from one of the smaller teams while playing at normal or even WNWIM .So r emoving the big teams will allow genuine competition with the remaining teams otherwise the comp would just be the same predictable top 8 going to the knockout stages and maybe one or two other big teams playing in the lower leagues. If theres a cap then everyone can compete

richardskd

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sun May 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Mbax I wouldn't be overly confident that it would remain to the top flight of Zimbabwe for too long. It would only need a lost to someone outside of your league to lose it for a pretty long time knowing the holder only has to put it up when at home. Still I hear what you are saying
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sun May 06, 2012 5:16 pm

so if you are in the top flight you are ineligible, if you get promoted you have to give up the trophy?
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sun May 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Or......throwing a third option into the works:

How about having a league type format, with promotion relegation between the tiers based on previous seasons performance, with trophies for winner at each tier level. That way people will all have a chance at a trophy, and if you are in a tier which is too good for your team one season, you will be relegated and be in an easier tier the next. Could probably fit in two comps per season as well, to keep things fresh.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
richardskd

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Flintoff wrote:
so if you are in the top flight you are ineligible, if you get promoted you have to give up the trophy?

I wouldn't want that Flintoff - I think irrespective of league or ranking every team should be eligible.
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sun May 06, 2012 10:51 pm

muzza wrote:
Or......throwing a third option into the works:

How about having a league type format, with promotion relegation between the tiers based on previous seasons performance, with trophies for winner at each tier level. That way people will all have a chance at a trophy, and if you are in a tier which is too good for your team one season, you will be relegated and be in an easier tier the next. Could probably fit in two comps per season as well, to keep things fresh.

Thoughts?
same format as the boards cup which in on thurs its very popular and 95% remain in it the next season of 40 teams, 5 divisions with 8 in it. we could target 24 or 32 thats 8 teams in each division h and away which would fill up the whole season, 2 teams up and 2 down. what do people thing?
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sun May 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Well the beauty of it is, it doesn't matter too much how many teams we get, because we can have slightly uneven tiers. For example if we got 26 teams we could have:

Tier 1 - 7 teams
Tier 2 - 7 teams
Tier 3 - 6 teams
Tier 4 - 6 teams

Obviously first season the tiers would have to be done based on rankings....but after that promotion and relegation would add an elephant of excitement.
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sun May 06, 2012 11:11 pm

of coarse i wont turn anyone away well work out what to do with the numbers we get. will we have a wnwim only? id prefer that tbh but i wont mind letting people have the option if they want
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Sun May 06, 2012 11:46 pm

I would prefer a wnwim comp, but it does make it much harder for upsets to happen so it might be better to have it open intensity. It would make it very intersting at the end of the season where teams are threaten with relegation, do they wnwim for the actual league or TNT to avoid monday night relegation.
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Mon May 07, 2012 1:22 am

I think in order to give everyone as much chance as possible to get trophies etc, it has to be an intensity free for all
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 am

I am like that promotion/relegation comp on a Monday. It has to have no intensity restrictions though, for number of reasons
Back to top Go down
richardturner

Team Name : Crowthorne Union of New Tea Soup

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Mon May 07, 2012 3:18 am

I'm very much liking the idea of this league idea which is based on the previous seasons results. Hopefully with this we can make the tiers very even and show this to the developers and get the real leagues changed.
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Mon May 07, 2012 3:25 am

Dynamic, even leagues would be awesome. A game within a game, is this all a game anyway. Those inception fellows might be on to something.
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Mon May 07, 2012 5:03 am

ok ill be setting up tomorrow if i sober up, ill be looking for 3-4 admins depending on how many leagues so we could have an admin for each league, do a bit of write up, keep an eye of fixture accepted and update the tables. also a change of the name The Zimbabwean I.G.T league. ill be asking for 6 trophies so anyone in zim able to make them? if not ill be asking wex.
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Mon May 07, 2012 5:09 am

also i presume its alright to put this site down as website for the comp?
Back to top Go down
richardturner

Team Name : Crowthorne Union of New Tea Soup

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Mon May 07, 2012 6:56 am

I am happy to be an admin, not done it before but would love the opportunity. If this comp is starting next season I will be around the whole season. However this season is compromised by the summer as I am away for 32 days (with 2 days which I am at home in the middle).

So hopefully its not this season starting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   Mon May 07, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm willing to be an admin as well sean. You should ask Jonesy for trophies, they are pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T.Z.I.G.T.C.C   

Back to top Go down

T.Z.I.G.T.C.C
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZimBr Official Offsite :: General Discussions-
Jump to: