Share | 

Advice: Which to sell / touting...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Mon May 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi guys. as I have 2 weeks left of meaningful games left this season it is the time to prune my squad a save some money. I have a couple of bigger fish and probably can only support one.

both are 31, still gaining. Both backs with admirable experience (Reynolds slightly more).

Gaine is slightly younger and has better CSR but is less well rounded. I value Tech in my backs and a limited for him is quite off-putting. He is a line-break machine however. He can only really play centre imo.

Reynolds is a more rounded player, fatter but older. He can fill multiple slots although 9/15 primarily. he is never going to set the world on fire, but nor is he likely to be overly exposed.

Which one would you keep? I have changed my mind half a dozen times and wondered what you guys would think about the matter.

13. Darrell Gaine
31 y/o (R8, D1) | 110,243 CSR (+575) | $12,863 p.w. | 186cm | 90kg | England
Left handed, left footed, in average form .
An aggressive player with flawless discipline, limited leadership, and admirable experience.
Energy: Supercharged 99%
Stamina: Grand Handling: Grand
Attack: Superior Defense: Amazing

Technique: Limited Strength: Decent
Jumping: Limited Speed: Reputable
Agility: Princely Kicking: Average

9. Benjamin Reynolds
31 y/o (R3, D2) | 92,581 CSR (+606) | $12,353 p.w. | 189cm | 109kg | Australia
Right handed, right footed, in decent form .
An aggressive player with collected discipline, limited leadership, and admirable experience.
Energy: Supercharged 91%
Stamina: Grand Handling: Grand
Attack: Impressive Defense: Amazing

Technique: Reputable Strength: Reputable
Jumping: Despicable Speed: Admirable
Agility: Impressive Kicking: Satisfactory
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Mon May 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Gaine for me.

What you would gain by keeping Reynold and that higher technique (though it must be noted that reputable tech is not great anyway) You will lose out drastically in attacking skills with far lower attack and a bit lower agility. So it is not enough to give him the nudge imo, especially as the latter is so so so much more important!
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 pm

cheers Mattt,

That is how I have been leaning of late. The loss of 5 attack and hit in agility are not worth the speed/tech and weight. As well his resale is also likely to be better given he is >100k which seems to make a difference. Plus he is a younger.

The 4 tech is a pain, but it should be made up for by him being flawless and the chaps around him being pretty decent in that department.

So anyone fancy Reynolds? On sale after the Tier IV victory against Westwood.
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Mon May 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Were the weight changes in game or just training? If in game Reynolds, despite having one level higher on the face of things is probably not faster
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Tue May 29, 2012 12:55 am

My understanding is that it is all now in game so fatties are not so fast. Flubber flying is not quite so much fun as it used to be.

I hope he'll fetch >100k but these are austere times, still that 12k/week will soon add up.
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Tue May 29, 2012 2:11 am

I'll take him back.
Back to top Go down
richardskd

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Tue May 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Sell them both and invest in youth. If you only have 2 meaningful games left half way into the season then prepare now for S16.
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Tue May 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I might have to play some upstarts from Div III to not get relegated though o0. Granted that the majority of fixtures would not be altered by the presence of a single 100k chap though. most would be obvious defeat, obvious victory.

Given the band of teams looking to promote and the division I am in (It looks like you are coming our way too Richard), a tactical relegation with the aim of getting an alternatie and hopefully easier league could be the way forward. The prospect of a seaon in League III is not that appealling however and a season is a long time.

Trouble is though, Muzza, Mark, fatman, Safe Hands are not going to go bot any time soon...
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Tue May 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Flintoff wrote:
I might have to play some upstarts from Div III to not get relegated though o0. Granted that the majority of fixtures would not be altered by the presence of a single 100k chap though. most would be obvious defeat, obvious victory.

Given the band of teams looking to promote and the division I am in (It looks like you are coming our way too Richard), a tactical relegation with the aim of getting an alternatie and hopefully easier league could be the way forward. The prospect of a seaon in League III is not that appealling however and a season is a long time.

Trouble is though, Muzza, Mark, fatman, Safe Hands are not going to go bot any time soon...
2 questions before you think of a tactical relegation, 1. can the gaurantee you wont promote to the same one?
2. how many members do you have?
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 pm

1. guarantee not promoting to the same one - No. But 1/4 chance if random and there will be some ways, over the season to manufacture my ranking to some extent.

2. Members atm 1437. I am selling out my stadium but not yet expanded until I know what is going to happen next season.
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Wed May 30, 2012 12:43 am

Flintoff wrote:
1. guarantee not promoting to the same one - No. But 1/4 chance if random and there will be some ways, over the season to manufacture my ranking to some extent.

2. Members atm 1437. I am selling out my stadium but not yet expanded until I know what is going to happen next season.
id say stay, iv 100 less than you and all iv gained this season is 35 and thats with a 9 and 7 in the last two weeks with nothing this week. but for my it be funny if you relegated and promoted into the same league again Razz
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Wed May 30, 2012 1:27 am

that would be worst case scenario... If I have to play keogh in the play-offs I will not get a choice. Similarly, Richard/Martha/keogh autopromote and it's relegation next season come what may... Sad
Back to top Go down
Mbax
Admin
Admin

Team Name : The Golden Company

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   Thu May 31, 2012 5:31 am

Sell Reynold Asap , based on earning potentional and window of opportunity . Reynolds is almost 32 and u want to sell him before he drops value even more Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zimbr.nstars.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice: Which to sell / touting...   

Back to top Go down

Advice: Which to sell / touting...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1