100% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Big Issue of the week   Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 am

Well, as we have all noticed, BR has exploded with controversy this week over the use of WNWIM agreements.

I thought it would therefore be good for us to have a poll to see what the people of BRZIM think about this issue. Please vote below (all votes are confidential (unless you decide to put a post in)).
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

PostSubject: Re: Big Issue of the week   Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:26 am

i believe in do whatever you can to win or win future games. i dont see aything wrong in it
Back to top Go down
Churchill15

PostSubject: Re: Big Issue of the week   Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:44 am

I know that I'm not technically part of the Zim community as of now, but I thought that I would weigh my 2 cents in. I don't agree or disagree with them. We all know that people in RL and in games will do everything that they can to gain the upper hand - if they didn't there wouldn't be any penalties...ever. I am just frustrated that people are calling this cheating, but aren't calling having a Thursday friendly with a friend and talking about tactics from those games to help each other gain the upper-hand on opponents cheating.

A lot of controversy has come out not only in WNWIM agreements, but also people purposefully losing in the season to drop a tier in preparation for the WC. I know that this stems from what I did with the US NT last season. The difference, however, was that I didn't try to get relegated. Honestly, I was about to resign after got relegated because I didn't feel like I could lead the US in a successful WC campaign in what was our most promising squad yet for winning the WC.

The thing is not everything is so black and white and this is just a game. I know that some of us (myself included) choose to support this game financially, but it is still just a game. Energy management is a key part to the game and this is one way people can do it. Like I said I don't agree or disagree with them. I personally don't answer agreements. I had one manager message me asking for one during the WC in order to save energy for the knockout stages to which I didn't reply, (to clarify it was a Normal agreement not a WNWIM agreement that was offered). I have had managers tell me that they were going to play WNWIM against me, and I have told other managers the same so that if they didn't want to waste energy they wouldn't have to. I think that when it becomes a major issue is during tournaments such as the WC.
Back to top Go down
Flopman

PostSubject: Re: Big Issue of the week   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:46 am

thing is that agreements are here, just because energy hits are too big, but with small energy hits, none would run more than 23 players... see i'm trying to get 27-30 players, but financially it's hard to sustain, to try to manage this well.
There could be lot of reasons to make agreement, but maybe to avoid this finally the solution would be to reduce energy hits from normal and ltnt, oh fucking hell i just had a superb idea Surprised

Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Big Issue of the week   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:36 pm

All very good points.

As far as I'm concerned, whether you agree with them or not, at the moment there is nothing against the rules about them at all. The fact is WNWIM agreements have been in place since at least season 9 (see World Cup semi-final), and clearly the powers that be (Jeremy) must have known about them. Now the fact that he hasnt come out and said that this is a form of cheating, therefore must mean it is acceptable.

Oh and I couldn't be bothered to post this sensible comment on the site because people all got on their high-horses with their blinkers on, just repeating the same nonsense over and over without reading other posts.
Back to top Go down
Flopman

PostSubject: Re: Big Issue of the week   Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Flopman wrote:
thing is that agreements are here, just because energy hits are too big, but with small energy hits, none would run more than 23 players... see i'm trying to get 27-30 players, but financially it's hard to sustain, to try to manage this well.
There could be lot of reasons to make agreement, but maybe to avoid this finally the solution would be to reduce energy hits from normal and ltnt, oh fucking hell i just had a superb idea Surprised

but then thinking twice about less energy hits, there would be less man management, = less teams with tired players = less options to have a good advantage energy wise on the next opponent = less upset . . .
Back to top Go down
sean pwns
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Big Issue of the week   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:40 am

The situation is more complex than they're great they're rubbish. WNWIM agreement are available to everyone and so give an advantage to those how use them so yes you could argue it would be stupid not to use them. However, they are rubbish but any action against it would have ridiculous impacts worse than wnwim agreements themselves

If everyone were to use them would they be as big of a problem?
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Big Issue of the week   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:27 pm

Agreed its more complex than that. But I couldn't put every option in a poll, because it would have been ridiculously long. Also if I had included an it-depends option, i suspect most rational people would have gone for that, therefore making the poll pointless. It's just to get an idea of the feeling of the people of ZIM anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Issue of the week   

Back to top Go down

Big Issue of the week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1