whats your take on the ya?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

PostSubject: whats your take on the ya?   Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:01 am

The youth academy is a feature that has been around since the beginning of time. There was a time when certain people would spill a coffee over the prospect of an impressive, below potential, psychotic, flawless, second row. [split]. Their flat weekly investments for a top rated youth system would pay off. A ten star academy took a long time and a lot of money to achieve but when you finally got it, boy was it worthwhile. Young talent that season 5 newbies like myself could only dream of.

Alas no more. Out with the old and in with the new and like much else in the game, things became far more complex. On one hand we have far more control over our academies but there is no doubt that they are less profitable to say the least. The fun extra dimension that is added to the users experience by having an academy comes at a price. A three star academy with a scout and coach (does anyone actually employ a manager anymore?) comes to cost no less than $720 000 per season. That is a lot of money. Most managers only earn back a fraction of that cost.

Is it worthwhile? The short answer is no you would be mad to run one. That said we would not have a competitive under twenty team if it were not for these mad managers. Safe Hands would not have a team to work with as it is very rare that any organised foreign nation would allow any of their best talent to escape on the transfer market without a fight.

But change is coming! Managers like myself who have just about managed to hold on to their precious youth teams are being rewarded by the season twenty raising of youth caps. Our youth players will no longer be limited to 11.99999 in each skill. Perhaps this will see an increase in value of a youth academy or perhaps players selling prices will just change to match their CSR. Either way I find it hard to imagine that owning a high end academy is going to become a gold mine anytime soon.

The youth academy may not be perfect, but it does add an extra aspect to the game for all those obsessive managers out there. There is still no better moment in blackout rugby than seeing your own homegrown talent finally attain that tiny zim flag.

This was written by irish manager from boards.ie edited to fit zim managers. Of coarse i dont fully agree as i have a full ya in ireland and am thinking about it for zim too. It is a very enjoyable part of the game for me and talks of independant youth league would be excellent

Discuss
Back to top Go down
Flopman

PostSubject: Re: whats your take on the ya?   Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:16 pm

It's all about the market flow and how much people would pay for beasty players. To be honest I won't spend more than 100K to have a top end talent from the market at 17. You can get some around the 38k+ CSR (the french i'm hardcore playing is one example, i got him for 14000$ (toeava is a counter example as he was already picked by a zim team and i needed a pro so badly and didn't want to get a fresh 17Yo so spent shitload for a soon to be 18yo Mad)

To be honest, I think the best way to get returns from investment from the YA is to hardcore train players at 17yo, and get them top50 csr at 18yo, could sell them for about 1 000 000.
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

PostSubject: Re: whats your take on the ya?   Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:31 am

ya the longer you stay training someone the more it cut downs on the price youll get i feel anyway. im planning on seeing if i can make money by training 19yr olds out of the academy it wont be massive money but 8 weeks training would push him over a treshold
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: whats your take on the ya?   Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:19 pm

The problem arose when the levels of the YA first rose, as then people were making money straight away compared to the old 50k or nothing method. This then caused a big rush in managers getting the youth acadmey, which obviously then decreased prices, and now people are not willing to invest again.

Personally for my main team I have sacrificed the YA ini order to have level 5 training. But for my Chile affiliate I am all about the YA, as there is a certain pleasure in bringing through your own players.
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Koodoo Rand Diamond Geezers

PostSubject: Re: whats your take on the ya?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 am

I think you have to promote 17 year old players at the start of the U20s period or leave them in until they are nearly 20. Those seem to be the best ways of making cash from experience.

With the changes to the YA cap I don't really see these changing. It will just effect the type of players coming out. Less of the players with 8 12 skills.
Back to top Go down
tomaspp

PostSubject: Re: whats your take on the ya?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:43 am

I have no time, or interest to be more precise, for managing my academy. I do train and scout players when it's time for future U20's. Other than that, I occasionally replace my locks to see if I get a giant.

Currently my facility is on L2, not quite sure why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats your take on the ya?   

Back to top Go down

whats your take on the ya?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1