HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

Share | 

Youth Scout Question/s

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pampoen

Team Name : Orangutans

PostSubject: Youth Scout Question/s   Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:45 am

What is the largest amount of stars used by one of you guys to promote a youth player?

I've heard of Managers who promoted youths with 150+ stars and get little monsters out.
I wanna know what your guys experience and opinion on this subject and promoting youths.

What I'm currently doing is saving stars and perhaps pull a large youth into my academy sometime next season. then hopefully get a huge player and train him to death. Maybe if I can time it right I might be able to pull a big youth for the season 16 world cup U20 (I'm not 100% sure if it is U20 WC season 16). Just a thought. Smile Any opinions?

I currently have 52 stars and getting my level 3 Scout in 3 weeks time. So that should put me on +- 220 stars end of Season 12. Pull the youth. I'll be able to get him out of the academy at the end of season 13 according to the way they change the youths birthdays now. and then train the player to death. So season 16 I'll have this Monster in the Zim U20 squad.
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:04 am

Yep, it does seem worth splashing all your stars on one player, although, with the changes to birthdays next season, it seems that pulling your 16yr old on the 1st day of round 2 will give you a player who turns 17 in the first week of S13 (making him eligible for the S16 U20WC) and it is better to have a player scouted on less stars but trained on 10 level4 sessions from the 1st week of S13.
Back to top Go down
Pampoen

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:25 pm

I did think of that. BUT if I only do it the end of season 12, I might be able to get youth facilities and coach by the end of next season.

This is what i thought might be a good "schedule" to follow for my team:

Season 12: Get youth Facilities and coach.
End Season 12: Promote player with all available stars. Youth player will be 16 on the last day of Season 12.
Season 13: Youth will be receive training with Youth Coach.
End Season 13: Player turns, Promote player into senior squad and give 10 sessions.
Season 14: Keep training player. The player will be 18 on the last day of the season.
Season 15: keep training. The player will be 19 on the last day of season.
Season 16: keep training. Also WC season. So player will be 20 on last day of season.

Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 pm

I think it is more important to get a full season of 10 sessions in your main squad than to have youth coaching.
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Have to agree with Fatman. It does not matter what level your current first team facilities are, they are still far superior to your YA.

I would suggest a compromise of the two. Every manager in BR will be trying this trick come week 2 and as you may or may not know the players are all scouted from a pool with the stars effectivly being your bid. So why not wait till say week 4 by which time you should have 106 stars if my maths are right.

Use 100 stars that week to scout a new player into your YA. Be careful of the type of player you scout as this will impact on the player coming in e.g. if you want a new prop look to promote your fattest youth as this will give you a good chance of a prop.

Using this strategy should see you pull an excellent prospect into your YA. Change your YA team training to reflect the key skill for that particular player (not forgetting the all important Stamina of course) and play him every week in your desired position. One more tip, make sure that you use LTNT as often as possible during the time he is in the team. This gives more experience per game than the other levels.

The come week 3 of Season 13 you promote your youth (or week 4 if his birthday is after tuesday) and pile on the sessions.

Hope this makes sense

Smile
Back to top Go down
Mbax
Admin
Admin

Team Name : The Golden Company

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:10 am

I was also going to save up loads of stars for that one good pull but i've realised for 250 stars i could get 3 decent players and train them up which i think benefits my club more than country becuase i have a lot of oldies i'm trying to get rid off in the coming weeks
Back to top Go down
http://zimbr.nstars.org
sean pwns
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:20 am

I will be able to get a 70 star pull, and train him to, if hes good Razz
Back to top Go down
Pampoen

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:42 am

Thank you for the feed back guys!
Very Happy

I think that four 50 star youths will currently help my team way more then one 200 star youth.
But I must say that it is very tempting to use that many stars on 1 player. Razz
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:52 am

Why not try a mix and get 2 x 50 star guys and 1 x 100 star guy. That way you are covering yourself.
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:38 am

markharrison wrote:
Why not try a mix and get 2 x 50 star guys and 1 x 100 star guy. That way you are covering yourself.

i agree, especially as it is impossible to train more than 3 players on 10 sessions!
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:35 am

Careful with all those stars. This guy had 145 stars used on him ! http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10326465
Back to top Go down
Pampoen

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   Mon May 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Thank you Mattt for that post... that is quite interesting.
I think I'll rather go for the promotion of 3-4 players of +- 50 stars each then using 200 stars on 1 guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youth Scout Question/s   

Back to top Go down

Youth Scout Question/s
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1