Leaking like a sieve

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

PostSubject: Leaking like a sieve   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:19 am

Worrying times.. Spot, havoc and kobus all leaving Zim this season, matt returning and Hougaard arriving. Sean, SH and myself virtually the only Zim presence on the forums and the offsite resembling a bloody dodo.

There seems to be a perception that Zim is run like some sort of cabal.. with an un-named but less than popular manager at it's head (and i may be being paranoid, but i have a horrible feeling it's me).

How do we turn this around fellas?
Back to top Go down
sean pwns
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:48 am

We did have a clique, we need to recall the Season 13 dream team. Bob

Seriously though, back in the day, we got a lot of people pumped to be in the Zim set up and around the Nat and U20 teams. I think we've lost that a little bit and that is partially due to the majority of that core of managers being less active or going abroad. If we can recreate that atmosphere we are golden
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Koodoo Rand Diamond Geezers

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:11 am

I think some of the problem is managers like to move to an under achieving country so they can make more of an impact. Active relative newbies want to get players in U20s and NT teams and as we have been relatively successful that won't help entice them in.

Another thing that might put some managers off is how good a team Flop has because they may go to a country where the best team is worse so they feel the top is more achievable.

Not really answers to the problem though, I've tried to be active news wise hoping that might entice some managers in but will have to see. Maybe our below par U20s team for next WC will encourage more trainers. Other than that I don't know. Managers need to see that a move will increase their gaming experience and at the moment other countries offer them more
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:22 am

Didn't know Havoc was leaving?
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Safe Hands wrote:
Didn't know Havoc was leaving?

I think it's Havoc.. maybe it's Droos? too much on my mind to recall correctly!
Back to top Go down
sean pwns
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:10 am

Dont think Droos is leaving.
That is true SH, more training with less improvement to NT (more difficult to get NT players too) or even going backwards. Somewhat less rewarding, who is going for the NT role anyway?
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:27 am

Well it was Havoc who was leaving. So far Lir is the only one to throw his hat in the ring. We may get more applicants when managers log in for Monday friendlies
Back to top Go down
Jol

Team Name : Kettie XV

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:58 pm

fatman wrote:
Worrying times.. Spot, havoc and kobus all leaving Zim this season, matt returning and Hougaard arriving. Sean, SH and myself virtually the only Zim presence on the forums and the offsite resembling a bloody dodo.

There seems to be a perception that Zim is run like some sort of cabal.. with an un-named but less than popular manager at it's head (and i may be being paranoid, but i have a horrible feeling it's me).

How do we turn this around fellas?

HI

AS A NEWBY I HAVE BEEN WATCHING EVERYTHING AND FOR ME IT LOOKS LIKE THE NEW GUYS ARE I BIT INTIMIDATED BY YOU SENIOR GUYS WE START BECAUSE WE LOVE RUGBY AND AS MOST AFRIKAANS SPEAKING GUYS WE RATHER BATTLE ON ON OUR OWN THEN THEY RELIZE THAT THEIRS NOW QUICK FIX FOR THE GAME AND LOOOOOOOSE INTREST MAYBE YOU MUST BOOST THE NEWBIES MORE ALL OVER ANY FORUMS AND MAYBE THEY WILL BE MORE INTERESTED

SORRY THE BAD SPELLING lol! afro need a beer
Back to top Go down
Spetzzzz

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:13 am

I think we need to make Zim attractive again! On the global lounge and the likes, let the managers feel that they'll be coming to a strong community as well as a friendly one that stick together. I know I'm only back on the game a few days but that does seem important!

Advertise the s*** out of Zim, make it out to be the country where they feel they have to take an affiliate or their core team here!
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:56 am

Hi to you both Jol and Spetzzz.

Thanks for your posts, this is exactly what we need, some new voices who like it here (i hope!).

Sorry about the lack of Afrikaans Jol. Maybe we can get a lounge here for Afrikaans speakers?

Advertising Zim is best done by many people, it has been the case for a while that only a couple of us were really active in the clubrooms, so it has been harder to project our community spirit.

I hope Zim is still a welcoming place, if anyone has a way to improve that experience.. Do It!
Back to top Go down
Spetzzzz

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:10 am

Well I know that when I was signing back up that I went for Zim because of what it used to be like! Managers used to talk about the offsite and how active everyone was!

Maybe we could start back up the Zimbabwe I.G.T League (Or is it still running?) and get a Thursday one going as well? That would get people doing things around the community! We could just do it on a small scale this season just to see what the reaction was
Back to top Go down
lir-lad

Team Name : ASP Power Widgets

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:43 am

Spetzzzz wrote:
Well I know that when I was signing back up that I went for Zim because of what it used to be like! Managers used to talk about the offsite and how active everyone was!

Maybe we could start back up the Zimbabwe I.G.T League (Or is it still running?) and get a Thursday one going as well? That would get people doing things around the community! We could just do it on a small scale this season just to see what the reaction was
Great idea Spetzzzz! I'd be more than willing to help you get something up and running?
Back to top Go down
Spetzzzz

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:50 am

Thanks for the feedback Lir! We'll see how many others want it and try have something up and running by round 4 latest if people agree?
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:13 am

Spetzzzz wrote:

This is such a good idea, that I had it as well. I have access to the IGT league and sent a message to havoc earlier asking if he can add me as access to the super Zim cup (a former Thursday comp). I was then going to ask people to vote on the clubrooms as to whether they want a Monday, Thursday or both comps.

Great to see everyone getting involved and if you want to take any of these on be my guest!

Anyone want to be journalist next season?
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:18 am

Seanand used to run the ZIGTL on Mondays so may be worth contacting him to utilize trophies etc that was being used before.

Unfortunately I won't be able to enter this season as I'm already enrolled in another comp. Last season very few of the teams that were previously in the ZIGTL seemed to play Monday comps so you may be able to get a good number of enteries
Back to top Go down
Spetzzzz

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 am

[/quote]Anyone want to be journalist next season?[/quote]

I'd like to be an assistant journo with maybe a weekly segment like an interview with a differnt manager every week?
Back to top Go down
Spetzzzz

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 am

I'll help you with the leagues if you need any Muzza
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:29 am

Brilliant. Once havoc replies we'll set the ball rolling
Back to top Go down
lir-lad

Team Name : ASP Power Widgets

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:45 am

Count me in, I'll give a hand Zim Flag
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:49 am

Safe Hands wrote:
Seanand used to run the ZIGTL on Mondays so may be worth contacting him to utilize trophies etc that was being used before.

Unfortunately I won't be able to enter this season as I'm already enrolled in another comp. Last season very few of the teams that were previously in the ZIGTL seemed to play Monday comps so you may be able to get a good number of enteries
ill start back a sign up sheet for this season well have some games anyway and next season so we can it properly organised for next season. the trophies are still there im sure the infamous loo roll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaking like a sieve   

Back to top Go down

Leaking like a sieve
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1